SGRECYCLE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. That I give permission to SGRecycle (SGRECYCLE) to collect, use, disclose or otherwise process said
personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). By using sgrecycle.com, I
acknowledge that these terms apply to all my personal data currently in possession by SGRECYCLE.
2. That SGRECYCLE shall seek my consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using my
personal data for a purpose which I have not been notified to (except where permitted or authorised by law).
3. That SGRECYCLE may from time to time use my personal data for (but not confined to) the following
a) performing obligations in the course of/or in connection with our provision of the goods
requested by myself;
b) verifying my identity;
c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback
d) managing my relationship with SGRECYCLE;
e) processing payment or credit transactions;
f) sending information about SGRecycle’s activities/Membership Rewards/events/news;
g) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to
assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
h) any other purposes for which I have provided the information;
i) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and
agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the
aforementioned purposes; and
j) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
4. SGRECYCLE may disclose my personal data:
a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with
SGRECYCLE’s provision of the goods or services requested by myself; or
b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations SGRECYCLE have engaged to perform
any of the functions listed above for me.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
5. I acknowledge that I have the right to withdraw my consent for use of any personal data that falls
outside said SGRecycle user account. My request will be processed within ten (10) business days of SGRECYCLE
receiving a written request made out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. I understand that depending on the nature and scope of my request, SGRECYCLE may not be in a position to
continue providing its goods or services to me and they shall, in such circumstances, notify me before
completing the processing of said request. Should I decide to cancel my withdrawal of consent, I will do so
in writing in the manner described in clause 5 above.
7. I acknowledge that withdrawal of consent does not affect SGRECYCLE’s right to continue to collecting,
using and disclosing personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or
required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
8. I may make…
(a) an access request for access to a copy of the persona data which SGRECYCLE holds of me, or
information about the ways in which SGRECYCLE uses or discloses my personal data, or
(b) a correction request to correct or update any of my personal data which SGRECYCLE holds about me.
I can do so by submitting a request in writing via email to email@example.com
9. SGRECYCLE will respond to my request as soon as reasonably possible. Should SGRECYCLE not be able to
respond within thirty (30) days after receiving my request, they shall inform me in writing within said
thirty (30) days period. If SGRECYCLE is unable to provide me with any personal data or to make a correction
requested by myself, they shall generally inform me of the reasons why said request was unable to be
processed (except where they are not required to under the PDPA). I understand that this access/correction
process may incur a reasonable fee, of which SGRECYCLE will inform me before processing the request.
10. I acknowledge that it is important to keep my personal data as current, complete and accurate as
possible, and will ensure to update SGRECYCLE if and when there are changes to my personal data via email
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
11. SGRECYCLE holds the security of my personal data at utmost importance and has set in place safeguards
to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar
risks. SGRECYCLE has introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as
upto-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and
transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised
third-party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis. All database security was provided by
Alicloud with 256 bits SSL encryption.
12. I am aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage
is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, SGRECYCLE strives to protect the security of my
information and is constantly reviewing and enhancing its information security measures.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
13. SGRECYCLE will retain my personal information for as long as it is necessary to use the SGRECYCLE
Website and services. Upon the termination of my SGRECYCLE account, I acknowledge that SGRECYCLE will keep
my records on file for a further 5 calendar years for auditing and tracing purposes. After which, said
documents will be destroyed in accordance with PDPA regulations.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
14. SGRECYCLE generally does not transfer personal data to 3rd parties outside of Singapore. However, from
time to time (in line with certain activities or reciprocal arrangements) SGRecycle may require sharing of
my data, but will ensure to obtain my consent before said data is shared. SGRECYCLE will take steps to
ensure that my personal data received the standard of protection comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
15. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that
apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal data by SGRECYCLE.
16. SGRECYCLE may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice.